Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sewing Project #1

My plan with sewing project #1 was to make something that obviously looked handmade. Funny mistakes and non-straight lines are all part of the project. It ended up turning out better than I thought. My sewing machine gave me difficulties though---lesson learned... buy a good expensive sewing machine; it's worth it. Don't get me wrong, I really like my sewing machine, but considering it broke already, I'm less than pleased. I just hope the 1st-year warranty covers the entire cost of the repair. I ended finishing up the project on my mother's sewing machine which is super-old yet works like a charm.

Anyway, here it is. A cute bag! It includes fleece lined double-sided quilted fabric with a zipper and a side handle.

2 comments:

Jackijo said...

You made that on my machine? You need to teach me how to make one!

Ben said...

I aspire to be as crafty as you someday...sort of. Nice bag, I zoomed in and I still couldn't tell it was hand-made. :)