Thursday, May 21, 2009

Handmade wallets!


So I did one of those pay it forward things, and had to come up with something handmade. I thought about crocheting a scarf, making a boquet of origami tulips, or crocheting something else, but I thought that at least one of the people who signed up would not appreciate these types of handmade things. But then today, inspiration came and I flew to the store and bought some duct tape AND some duck tape. (Yes there is a difference.) I then used my good friend, Internet, to help me make a wallet. It turned out great! So I made another one. These wallets are so great! They're nice and thin, customizable, and I suspect rather durable as well. Next I plan to buy some other color of Duck tape and make myself a multicolored wallet. Woohoo!

And for the two of you who I haven't made something handmade for yet... if you would like a duck tape wallet, just tell me what color(s). Or if you want to be surprised with something else, that's fine too, just let me know!

2 comments:

Jackijo said...

You are so creative. Now why don't you make yourself a waterproof duck tape camera case? Tee, hee!

All kidding aside, how about a duct tape tote or purse. I know I'm not on your list but Christmas and my birthday are both coming up in about seven months.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Duct-Tape-Tote

http://sherrihaab.com/extra.php?project2

Ben said...

I think making such wallets, whether of duck tape or duct tape, whether made of tape intended for limiting air loss from ducts or tape used for preventing the escape of ducks, would require rather dexterous fingers. Oh and by the way my wallet is a hybrid, part orange duck tape and part original cloth wallet. Orange is definitely a winner, store clerks are always telling me, "You'll never have to worry about losing THAT wallet!"