Thursday, June 18, 2009

Visiting different parts of my nation!









After, well... uh... cleaning my camera with lots of soap and water, it died. But what better excuse to get a new one! I got a canon SD1200 and I'm pretty happy with it so far. So, I had to take some pictures with it.

Last weekend, after orchestra rehearsal, I took a stop by the Washington DC LDS temple. It was so pretty. These pictures don't do the temple justice. But they do give an idea of the surroundings of the temple. I never realized from pictures I've seen before that it's so green here! Washington DC is surrounded by trees. It's a good environment, and even though I know I'm in a big city, I don't feel like I am because the air seems cleaner with all the plant life around.












Hopefully soon, I'll be posting pictures of places in the actual city of Washington DC. But first, I have to go there.

3 comments:

Ben said...

I went there once, it was sweet. Glad your new (blue?) camera is working out so far. You'll like the city too, take advantage while you can. I recommend Ford's Theatre and Mount Vernon.

Julianne said...

I decided to go with the green camera. I actually think I like the blue one slightly better, but green is much more unique!

Ben said...

That's true, and I'm a big fan of uniqueness. Good choice. That reminds me of my orange and yellow duct (or duck?) tape that I use.