Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sewing Project #5: Failed Flouncy Tank Top

 Not everything you sew is going to turn out well. This is one of those cases. Fortunately, I have some really amazing projects that make up for this failed one. I think I spent 5 hours working on this tank top, and today I decided, "You know, even if I alter this the way I was planning, I still doubt I'll ever wear it. I don't think it's cute." So I burned it. It's now gone. How do I feel? Accomplished. Not for burning the tank top that I spent 5 hours making, but for learning so much about sewing from taking this class. I made some things I really like. Sewing project #4 is a way cute pair of pj's that I haven't quite finished, but once I do, it'll get a good post. Sewing project #6 is an amazing skirt that I get compliments on every time I wear it. Sewing project #5 didn't work out, but now I know how to do some sewing techniques I didn't know before.

4 comments:

Jackijo said...

Ha, ha, ha! I once put an half-sewn dress in the trash. It wasn't working out, I didn't like it but I just couldn't keep it around half done. I like you method better, though!

Bradley said...

Pyro. That's quite the dramatic end to a failed project.

Ben said...

I hope that bonfire was planned especially for the burning of your tank top.

Geevz said...

Hahaha. I can't believe you burned it. Although I think a bra is the typical piece of clothing to burn :)