Sunday, April 11, 2010

Springtime



Spring has come and nearly gone again. I consider this the second real spring of my life. Being raised in the desert, I haven't often seen trees change from green to orange/brown to white/pink/purple/yellow and then back to green. While we did have a tree in our the yard at our house that had fallen leaves each year, I don't think it grew pretty flowers. And even the dessert has it's share of flowers. I was quite impressed our yard back home being covered in flowers. Still, it doesn't compare to springtime in the lush hills of North Carolina. Here are a few highlights.


These pictures come from a trail near my house. You have to cross a pipe that goes over a stream to get to it. When I took these pictures, the trees hadn't bloomed yet. I wonder what it looks like now!





Yesterday, I walked onto campus. I decided to sit underneath these huge trees with nice pink flowers. Isn't the view spectacular?

2 comments:

Jackijo said...

Do you think there will be any left for Mother's Day?

Ben said...

muy bonito, hermoso, lindo, agradable, agradecible, allegre, y tambien fabuloso