Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Flying Free Trip #2: Seattle

Two of my favorite friends decided to run the Seattle Marathon in June since they were planning to be there. "Hey Blay*, guess what? I found out there's a marathon the day after our conference in Seattle. I'm turning 26, so it seems fitting. Awesome, right?" Reply, "That's an awesome idea Barb*! I've always wanted to run so much to cause my knees to be in constant pain. Sounds like the perfect ending to a business trip." Then they ran, and ran, and ran. Several times a week. Talk about time-consuming. After watching all their hard work, I wanted to find out first-hand if it was worth it, so I went to watch them finish. They both did so well! Both under 4 hours and 30 minutes. Seattle was neat too, but not as exciting as seeing them cross the finish line.


I didn't take many pictures, but here's one with Barb.


*Names have been modified to protect the privacy of my friends.

1 comment:

Bradley said...

I hear that Blay and Barb really appreciated it, too.