Friday, October 22, 2010

Sewing Project #3: Awesome Apron

I found this amazing fabric at the Bernina store: it's covered in the golden ratio! That's right---phi, aka 1.618 aka my favorite number. This is the design covering the fabric, but trust me, the fabric is super cute. I've been trying to figure out something to make with it, and I was like "Aha! An Apron!" And I began my search for a solid blue fabric to match the blue golden ratio. I was thinking a solid blue background with golden ratio pockets would be amazing. Unfortunately, during my search at my new favorite fabric store, I found nothing quite right. But, fortunately, I found something better! The perfect fabric for the perfect apron: Italian food fabric with Italian food names, along with a contrasting musical fabric. I love Italian food, and I love music. Perfect combo for an apron. The project was rather time consuming due to the homemade edging, but I love it! It came almost perfect except that the food fabric is upside-down, but then I realized that means the cook can read it perfectly.

 Next week: yoga pants. Maybe they'll be golden ratio pants?

3 comments:

Jerry said...

You look good in an apron---especially that apron.

Jackijo said...

Very nice. Does that mean Italian food is your favorite food? If so, I think you need to go to Italy!

Ben said...

Did i ever mention I'm a quarter Italian (that's about 1 / (2.47 * phi), in terms you may understand a little better)? I appreciate your paying homage to my ancestors and part of me.